Walking to school is a great way to incorporate fitness, fun and friendship into your daily routine. Consider having your student meet with friends and walk from Burberry Park or Elderberry Park each school day. If you are planning to drive close to the school and having your student walk a short-distance, or if you live in the neighborhood and your student will be walking to/from school, please read the information below.
Similarly, in the afternoon, students who are walking off campus can either:
- Walk to Burberry Park as part of our daily afternoon Walking School Bus
- Be chaperoned off-campus by their parent who has parked in a Green Zone, or
- Walk home using a school-issued walking pass.
For more information on our Walk-to-School or Trip Scanner programs, please read this flyer.
By knowing the roads you’ll take, following some simple rules and demonstrating Westlake’s Core Values, you’ll help keep traffic moving and our community safe.
1. A daily Walking School bus staffed by volunteers from Burberry Park to school. Please click HERE to volunteer.
2. A recommended walking zone from Elderberry is unstaffed, yet offers a short walk to campus. Families who choose this option should make sure their students can walk safely to campus by themselves.
3. If you live in the neighborhood please use your local sidewalks and crosswalks, and demonstrate safe walking habits at all time.
Know the Rules
1. Our daily Walking School Bus will meet starting at 7:50am and leave Burberry Park at 8:00am. If the Walking School bus has already departed, please proceed to your alternative drop-off spot, for example, Elderberry Park. Do not stop your car along the Walking School Bus route and have your student join the Walking School bus if it is already making its way to school.
2. Do not drop off in undesignated drop zones. If your student gets out of your car any place other than the approved drop off zones, you must park and walk with your student to campus.
3. For all walkers, we ask that you demonstrate safe walking habits at all times.
1. A daily Walking School Bus staffed by volunteers from school to Burberry Park. Please click HERE to volunteer.
2. Park in a Green Zone and walk with your student back to your car.
3. Students who live in the neighborhood can take residential streets to walk home. Students can walk home using a school-issued walking pass.
Know the Rules
1. Our daily Walking School Bus leaves from the back gate near the bike path after school. Families who elect to have their student participate in the daily after-school Walking School Bus can reunite with their student at Burberry Park approximately 20 minutes after the bell rings.
2. Parents can park in a Green Zone and reunite with their student on campus. Please do not park near the entrance of the school’s parking lot while picking up your student, as that will impede other parents from queueing up in the pick-up line. Parents who wish to drive, park and pick-up their students can reunite with their students in the classroom.
3. For all walkers, we ask that you demonstrate safe walking habits at all time.