Westlake Charter School offers a wide-range of before and after-school programs including Before and After School Explorers (BASE), our extended day program, and After-School Live (ASL), which includes clubs, athletics and enrichment. Our programs embrace the same Core Values and expectations our Explorers experience during their instructional day, which strives to provide students a consistent, safe, and inclusive environment.
BASE is Westlake Charter School’s Before and After School Explorers program. We serve our Kindergarten through 8th grade students, and provide a program that is aligned to the school’s academic and social-emotional mission. BASE students are provided a snack, time for recess and homework, as well as staff-developed enrichment opportunities.
You can find the Registration Packet on the right-hand side of this page. The front page of the packet contains important information regarding the registration process. If you have questions after reviewing the forms and information sheet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Thank you for your interest in our program and we look forward to meeting you!
Why choose BASE?
– We operate a high-quality program
– We provide excellent customer service
– Our staff are trained, knowledgeable, and friendly
How are we different from other extended-day programs?
– We use student and parent feedback to better meet the needs of our students
– We’re open during school breaks and Summer (with the exception of major holidays)
– BASE staff work with school staff to better assist students
– We are a “drop-in” program
– There are no waiting lists – we’ll staff to fit the program need
– We have low student to staff ratios
After-School Live consists of three programs that provide enriching experiences to support the academic and social-emotional growth of our Explorers. After-School Live consists of clubs, athletics, and enrichment.
After-School Live Clubs
– Free to join
– Open to our K-5th grade Explorers
– Led by 6th-8th grade Explorers and chaperoned by adult community volunteers
– Four-week sessions three times throughout the year: fall, winter, and spring
– Club offerings vary from session to session
After-School Live Athletics
– $25 athlete sponsorship is requested but not required
– Open to our 6th-8th grade Explorers
– Coached by adult and teen community volunteers
– Eight-week sessions three times throughout the year: fall, winter, and spring
After-School Live Enrichment
– Fees vary; scholarships are available
– Open to all Explorers, K-8
– Taught by instructors from community organizations
– Offered year-round