Westlake Charter School offers a wide range of expanded learning opportunities and school programs including before and after school support (BASE) and After-School Live (ASL), which includes clubs, athletics, enrichment, our talent show, and much more. Our programs embrace the same Core Values and expectations our Explorers experience during their instructional day, which strives to provide students with a consistent, safe, and inclusive environment.
For more information on our expanded learning offerings for the 2023/24 school year, please continue to visit this page or find more information in the Westlake Weekly.
Before and After School Explorers (BASE)
Our BASE program is available for all students in grades K-8. BASE provides accessible, expanded learning opportunities for families looking to engage their students during the school year and over certain school breaks. BASE is available each school day from 7:00am-8:00am, and again from the time school gets out until 6:00pm; over many school breaks, BASE is offered from 7:00am-6:00pm. Combined with the school days, BASE is available for more than 210 days of the year, and provides families with over 9 hours of programmed expanded learning! Please refer to the Return to School Guidebook for more information, and click HERE to register. We look forward to seeing students soon!
After-School Live (ASL)
After-School Live consists of three programs that provide enriching experiences to support the academic and social-emotional growth of our Explorers. After-School Live consists of clubs, athletics, and enrichment. More information on the 2023/24 ASL season will be posted to this page in the coming weeks.
After-School Live Clubs
- Free to join
- Open to our K-5th grade Explorers
- Led by 6th-8th grade Explorers and chaperoned by adult community volunteers
- Four-week sessions three times throughout the year: fall, winter, and spring
- Club offerings vary from session to session
After-School Live Athletics
- $25 athlete sponsorship is requested but not required
- Open to our 6th-8th grade Explorers
- Coached by adult and teen community volunteers
- Eight-week sessions three times throughout the year: fall, winter, and spring
After-School Live Enrichment
- Fees vary; scholarships are available
- Open to all Explorers, K-8
- Taught by instructors from community organizations
- Offered year-round