Coffee Talk – High School Campus
Tuesday, April 25th @ 6PM
WCS Finance & Charter Impact Committee Meetings
Thursday, April 27th @ 5PM & 6PM
Spirit Day – Culture Day
Friday, April 28th
Saturday, April 29th @ 3-6PM
WAVE Meeting – K8 Campus
Wednesday, May 3rd @ 6PM
Westlake Weekly Podcast: CLICK HERE for this week’s Westlake Weekly Podcast.
Spring Break: Spring Break is Monday, April 10th through Friday, April 14th. Both campuses and BASE will be closed for Spring break. We look forward to welcoming staff and students back on Monday, April 17th.
Take Home COVID Tests: Our partners at NUSD have provided us with take-home COVID tests to provide to our students and staff that will be sent home by Friday, April 7th. Testing is not mandatory and we will not be tracking negative tests. As always, we ask staff and students to report positive COVID-19 tests to contact tracing. CLICK HERE to notify our contact tracing team if you test positive; they will reach out to you with return to school timelines.
Yearbook Orders: The 2022-2023 Westlake Charter School yearbooks are available to order!
- K-8: CLICK HERE to order your K-8 yearbook directly through TreeRing and get two pages to personalize with your own pictures! Use code 101667583471473 or see the email with the link to purchase. Orders are due May 1st. Need help? Contact: Mrs. Liechti, [email protected]
- High School: CLICK HERE to order your High School yearbook for $35. Need help? Contact: Abby Grimaldi, [email protected]. Orders are due April 19th
WAVE Coffee Talk: Join us on Tuesday, April 25th at 6PM for our WAVE Coffee Talk at the Westlake Charter High School campus, 4400 East Commerce Way, Sacramento, CA 95834. We’ll get the conversation started at 6PM and we’d love to have you join!
Call for Coaches: Our spring athletics season for 6-8 Explorers next week and we are still looking for SIX volunteer futsal and flag football coaches. CLICK HERE for more information about Futsal and CLICK HERE for more information about Flag Football. Please share the flier with family and friends; we need the community’s support to ensure the success of Explorer athletics. Reach out to Coach Sterling with questions.
International Festival: The 18th Annual International Festival is almost here! Please join us on Saturday, April 29th from 3-6pm. Tickets to sample food, play games, and win treats are $1 at the gate.
- Ticket presales ($20 for 30 tickets) are:
- K-8 Campus-Maybrook gate
- Wednesday 4/26 at drop off
- Wednesday 4/26 at dismissal
- Friday 4/28 at dismissal
- High School Commons
- Wednesday 4/26 at lunch
- Friday 4/28 at lunch
- We need your help to make this event amazing for our community.
- Cultural booth hosts may provide a small sampling of native cuisine, cultural artifacts, a children’s activity/game, and/or anything else you would like to demonstrate or display. CLICK HERE to register to host a booth or send an email to [email protected] for more information.
- We are in need of volunteers and donations to make the Festival amazing for our community. Can you donate chips, drinks, or treats for the Dessert Walk? Are you available to sell tickets for an hour? Can you lend a pop-up tent or cooler? Please CLICK HERE to sign up to help! Please CLICK HERE to sign up to donate treats for the Dessert Walk.
Big Day of Giving!: Do you know a business that supports the BDOG? Tell them about our Explorers this Big Day of Giving, May 4th 2023. To learn more reach out to [email protected]. All donations will go towards our Explorers! Visit: wcsinfo.cc/BDOG2023 to donate today.
CAASPP Testing: Our statewide testing window will take place between April 24th-May 31st for our 3rd-8th grade students. CLICK HERE for our annual notification letter with more testing information.
Upcoming Home Games for the week: CLICK HERE to check out the updated schedule on our website
- Tuesday, 4/18 4:30 PM Boys V Volleyball @ HOME vs. Leroy Greene
- Wednesday, 4/19 4:00 PM Girls V Soccer @ HOME vs. Leroy Greene
- Thursday, 4/20 4:30 PM Boys JV Volleyball @ HOME vs. John Adams Academy
- Thursday, 4/20 5:30 PM Boys V Volleyball @ HOME vs. John Adams Academy
High School 101 Resources: Thank you to all of the families that came out to the High School 101 family event this past week. CLICK HERE for the presentation from the event. In this presentation you can check out the information from sessions presented including High School at a Glance, Dual Enrollment, Advanced Education, and Embedded Honors.
College Fair: Sacramento State will host the WACAC Spring College Fair on Tuesday, April 11th from 6:00 – 8:00 PM inside the University Union in the Ballroom. This free event is for high school and community college students. As of today there are 111 colleges and universities registered. These schools come from all over the state, country, and world. Free parking will be available in Parking Structure III.
Staff Appreciation Week: National Staff Appreciation Week is coming up the week of May 8th-12th. We need your help to make this week fantastic for each and every staff member. More information will be coming home soon but we are collecting donations now. Thank you so much for all you do to support our incredible staff.
We are looking for:
- Gift cards to use as raffle prizes
- Snacks, drinks, and treats for a grab and go station
- Money to use towards breakfast and lunch
- Please CLICK HERE to donate. You can drop off in either office or arrange for pickup.
WAVE Board Elections: Help us make the 23-24 school year amazing by joining the WAVE Board. All board positions of President, Vice President of Business Operations, Vice President of Parent Participation, Treasurer and Secretary are coming up for election in May. Joining the WAVE Board is a great way to guide school culture and make the WCS community a wonderful place for all staff and families. If you are interested in learning more or finding out how to get involved, please contact Amber Hustead, WAVE President, at [email protected].
Kudos: Movie Night was a huge success! We had over a dozen volunteers making popcorn and cotton candy, handing out treats, and cleaning up. This night was only possible because of incredible volunteers. Thank you!