Monday, September 21st @ 4:30pm
Finance Committee at 5pm
Thursday, September 24th
Charter Impact Committee at 6pm
Thursday, September 24th
Friday, September 25th
Drive Thru Picture Days
Wednesday, September 30th – Friday, October 2nd
Emergency Preparedness Drill: Even during Distance Learning, our staff is committed to being prepared for emergencies. We have continued our monthly emergency drill schedule. On Thursday, September 24th at 10:00 AM, everyone on campus will participate in a Lockout Drill as well as an Evacuation Drill. If you have any questions about what your student will do during that time, please contact your teacher.
Drive Thru Picture Days: We are excited to be able to offer Drive Thru School Picture days for our students! Pictures will be by appointment only from 2:00-7:00 PM on Wednesday 9/30, Thursday 10/1, and Friday 10/2. Click HERE to schedule an appointment (each student needs their own appointment). Click HERE to purchase portraits with gallery code WESTF20. Please follow these important instructions for a safe a smooth picture day:
- Pictures will be taken by appointment only. Please arrive during your scheduled time.
- Students should wear uniforms for pictures.
- Please observe social distancing upon your arrival and wear a face covering. Students will remove face covering when they are photographed.
- Please pull into the parking lot in the dismissal lane. Parents can wait in the car, or wait with their students socially distanced in line. Please limit attendees to the scheduled student(s) and guardian.
BASE will be Closed October Break: October 5th – October 9th our BASE Distance Learning Camps, as well as traditional, daily BASE services, will be closed for October Break.
Office Appointments: During Distance Learning, our office is not open for visitors. If you need to pick up a device, headphones, or missed a Distance Learning Kit pick up, please Click HERE to make an appointment to pick up your item. Without an appointment, we may not have your items prepared, or may not have staff available to help. For virtual support, you can call 916-567-5760 or email email@example.com
Supply Donations: Great news! We are currently at 35% of our Supply Donations goal. These donations allow us to not only have individual supplies for students in their classroom when they return to campus, but also give us the ability to send home ongoing Distance Learning kits. Click HERE to donate today.
Counselor’s Corner: Each month our School Counselor, Jessica Krivoy, will be publishing a newsletter intended to spark ideas, provide support and offer reassurance. Click HERE to view September’s edition on the Counselor’s Corner page.
Parent Tech tips from Mr. Aichele: Click: bit.ly/wcsgmail to watch a video on how to make your student’s Gmail work for you. Click: bit.ly/wcspics to watch a video on how to upload images to your student’s Google classroom from your phone!
- Our 4th-8th grade students have access to their Illuminate Portal where they can check their assessment grades and view formative data from their teachers.
- We are also launching our Illuminate Parent Portal.
- 5th-8th grade families: If you already have an Illuminate Parent Portal account from last school year, you can go to westlakecharter.illuminatehc.com and sign in using the email address that you used last school year. If you need support accessing your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your 5th-8th grade student is new to Westlake this year, you will be receiving an email in the coming week with information about setting up your Illuminate Parent Portal account.
- 4th grade families: If you already have an Illuminate Parent Portal account from last school year with a 5th-8th grade student, your 4th grade student has been added to your account. If you are new to the Illuminate Parent Portal, you will be receiving an email in the coming week with information about setting up your account.
High School Happenings:
Mrs. Battin, our high school principal, has been meeting with our 8th grade families throughout the month of September. She is excited to extend this opportunity to our 6th and 7th grade families because we know that they are thinking about high school too! Click HERE to select a time and date to join a group discussion about our high school! Mrs. Battin looks forward to meeting with all of our 6th and 7th grade families.
In case you missed it:
Free and Reduced Meal Application – RESPONSE REQUESTED: Each year, we ask families to complete a Free and Reduced Price School Meals (FRPSM) application. We need every family to complete the form below for each student by Friday, September 18th. Even if you choose not to complete the FRPSM application, we still need the form completed for each student so that we can ensure every family had the opportunity to complete the application.
- Click HERE to apply for Free and Reduced Price School Meals
- Click HERE to complete the form for each student to let us know you had the opportunity to apply for FRPSM.
Distance Learning Technical Help Desk – Now Open: Westlake Charter School has created a digital Help Desk to support our families during this time of Distance Learning. Our Help Desk can be contacted via chat, email or phone. For more information on how to contact our Help Desk, and our operating days and hours, please click HERE.
Chipotle Dinner Fundraiser: Pickup a delicious dinner at Chipotle between 4 & 8pm on Tuesday, September 29th to help support Westlake Charter School! 33% of sales will be donated to WAVE! Be sure to show the flyer (printed or digital) or tell the cashier you are with Westlake when you order dinner at the Chipotle located at 3830 Truxel Road. You can also order online using code Q67RV9E! Thank you for the support!
Celebrations: Westlake Charter School loves celebrating and we want to hear your celebrations! Please let us know what big or small celebration you have so we can showcase them on social media! Let us know what awesome things are happening at WCS by completing this form. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Volunteers Needed: We need your help! WAVE is currently in need of a Fireworks Booth Team, Dinner Fundraising Coordinator and Corporate Donations Coordinator. WAVE is only possible with incredible parents like you! To learn more please send an email to email@example.com. Thank you!
Kudos: Have you noticed your student meeting with WCS Instructional Aides in recent weeks? We are so thankful to have a dedicated team to collaborate with teachers and each and every day. Recently IAs have been working with students in small groups, giving assessments, proving classroom management support and so much more. Thank you to our incredible Instructional Aide Team!