Monday, September 16th @ 4:30 PM
Social Media Safety Parent Night
Wednesday, September 18th @ 6:00 PM
WCS Finance/Charter Impact Committee Meetings
Thursday, September 26th @ 5:00 PM 6:00 PM
Spirit Day – Sports Day
Friday, September 27th
Save the Date: Fall Festival
Saturday, September 28th @ 2 PM
Explorer Athletics (Middle School): Practices for both volleyball and flag football start next week! If your student attended a clinic this week, he/she has been placed on a team and you should have received an email with the team’s schedule. Practice days are consistent, but game days vary due to scheduling. Practices and games last from 3:25 – 4:15 every day except Wednesdays.
- Click HERE for the Fall Schedule.
- Click HERE to set School Dismissal Manager to AS Live: Athletics on your student’s practice and game days.
- Click HERE for the Explorer Athletics Participant Packet.
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
- Monday – Friday 7:45 – 8:15AM
- Monday – Friday 10:57 – 11:12AM
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3:15 – 3:45
Enrichment: Click HERE to set School Dismissal Manager to AS Live: Enrichment every day your student has an enrichment class after school. This helps us get your student to class safely and on time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Club Volunteers: We’re looking for FIVE adult volunteers to chaperone clubs lead by middle school students. Our fall session of AS Live Clubs is September 23th – October 25th. We need adults for one Monday club, two Tuesday clubs, and two Thursday clubs, and one Friday club. Clubs meet one hour each week, 3:15PM – 4:15PM. Email email@example.com if you’re interested. #WCSVolunteers
Club Sign-ups: Our fall session of AS Live Clubs starts Monday, September 23! CLICK HERE to see what clubs are being offered (hint: art, sports, dance, American Sign Language, and more!) and to put your student on the sign-up list by Thursday, September 19th @ 8:30AM. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
WAVE: Don’t forget to click the WAVE tab for more details on important upcoming events such as; Social Media Parent Safety Night on 9/18, Fall Festival on 9/28 and spirit wear updates!
In Case You Missed It:
Attendance September: September is National Attendance Month! During the Month of September we will be celebrating student attendance. Thank you for ensuring that your students arrive to school on time every day! Classes are working toward earning an attendance party!
Spirit Days: Our Leadership students have planned our Spirit Days for the 2019-2020 school year! Click HERE for the dates and descriptions of our spirit days!
Social Media Safety Parent Night: Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to learn from The Organization for Social Media Safety on Wednesday, September 18th from 6 – 7:30PM. Parents and guardians will learn about social media threats, websites, ways to protect students and more. Please click HERE to learn more about the presentation and the organization.
2019 Fall Festival: The 9th annual Fall Festival is Saturday, September 28th from 2PM – 6PM! This family event is open to the entire community with games suitable for all ages! The event features food, a scavenger hunt and the ever popular silent auction baskets where all proceeds go directly to the classrooms. To find out how you can get involved please click HERE.
- Volunteering: It takes hundreds of parent volunteers to make this event a success! Most shifts are only 1 hour and opportunities range from decorations/set up, working booths and tear down.
- Donations: From supplies, to lending pop up canopies and coolers, this is another great way to earn hours, especially for those who can’t volunteer the day of! Families can earn hours for the time they spend shopping for the items and bringing it to the school.
- Treat Walk Donations: The Treat Walk is tremendously popular so we need donations (baked or bought) to make sure the game continues throughout the event.
- Ticket Presale: On Wednesday 9/25 and Friday 9/27 we will be selling your height in tickets for $20. Tickets will be available at the Maybrook gate in the morning before lineup and during dismissal.
- Tickets at the Event: Tickets are $1 each or $20/25 tickets. For reference, most games will be 1 ticket while a few will be up to 3 tickets. Food court will be from 1-5 tickets.
- Click HERE to find out how to volunteer or donate to this incredible event! For any questions regarding Fall Festival please send an email to email@example.com.
Spirit Wear Order Update: Great news! Our order is in and will be delivered to backpacks this week. We cannot wait to see students, parents and staff showing off their new spirit gear!
Kudos: WAVE has recently sent out the call for Room Parents, Committee Members, Coordinators and more. We have been overwhelmed with incredible responses to jump in and help where necessary. Thank you, Explorer Families. Westlake Charter School is an incredible community and we are always better together! #WCSVolunteers