Spirit Day – Dress like you’re 100
Monday, January 28th
Parents Go To School Night
Wednesday, January 30th @ 5:30 PM
Lottery Application Deadline
Thursday, January 31st @ 4:00 PM
Thursday, January 31st @ 5:30 PM
My Princess & Me Dance
February 2nd @ 6PM
Follow Westlake Charter
January Reminders: Families, as we kick off this new year, we wanted to take a chance to remind you of a couple of policies.
- Click HERE for our Dress Code At A Glance policy. Please note that leggings must be solid navy, light blue, or white and that sweats, warm-ups, jerseys and athletic shorts are not considered uniforms.
- Please make sure your student arrives on time to school every day. 6th-8th grade begins at 8:15 AM in their classrooms while kindergarten through 5th grade start at 8:30 AM at morning line up. Students who are tardy miss important instruction as well as social/emotional supports.
Science Fair: Join us on Thursday, January 31st at 5:30 PM for our middle school Science Fair! Our 6th-8th graders have designed and performed experiments and are ready to share what they learned.
Middle School Dance: We have a middle school dance on Friday, February 8 from 5-6:30 PM. Students can sign up to receive tickets during lunch next week. Pizza and drinks will be provided during the dance.
BASE Food and Book Drive: This February, BASE is excited to work with two amazing organizations that help those in need in and around our community. Please bring donations to the front office or BASE rooms February 4th to 28th.
- Food Drive: Canned food donations will be given to Joey’s Food Locker that benefits those in need right here in Natomas.
- Book Drive: New and very gently used books will be donated to the Salvation Army for their Family Rehabilitation Center Library.
In case you missed it:
Spirit Day – Dress Like You’re 100: On Monday, January 28th we will celebrate our 100th day of school by dressing like we are 100 years old! Please follow the dress code guidelines below for spirit day:
- Clothes must be free of inappropriate wording and images
- All shirts must have sleeves, no sleeveless shirts.
- All clothing must be free of rips and tears
- All clothing must fit properly. Pants around the natural waist, tops completely covering the torso area
- No props walkers or canes
Lottery Application Period Deadline January 31: Our enrollment period for the 2019-20 Lottery closes January 31, 2019 at 4:00 PM. The application process is digital this year. Visit joinwestlake.com to complete the application. Current students do not need to fill out an application to continue their enrollment at WCS; however, siblings do need to fill out lottery applications to attend.
Parent’s Go to School Night: January 30th has the answers to these questions and more including reading, writing, math & technology sessions: What is Project GLAD? How can I help my student in Spanish? Do you need strategies to support your child’s mental health? Join us on Wednesday, January 30th from 5:30-8:00.
- Click HERE for the Staff Led session schedule.
- BASE will be offering free childcare, click HERE to sign up.
- In addition to amazing sessions, MASA Taco Truck will be available for families to
BASE Newsletter: Click HERE for our January BASE newsletter to find out what’s happening in our before and after school program!
My Princess and Me Dance: Only a few days left to get your tickets for the 7th Annual My Princess & Me Dance 2019: You Are My Sunshine. The Dance is on February 2nd from 6 to 8pm in the WCS gymnasium. This is an amazing event for dads, grandpas, uncles, friends, or father-figures to escort their special girl to an enchanted evening and make them feel like a princess. Enjoy dancing, desserts, photos, and more at this fun evening for girls ages 4 to 13. Click HERE to purchase your tickets and get all the information you need about this year’s event.
This event is not possible without help from our amazing community. We need treat donations and volunteers prior, during and after the dance. Click HERE to sign up.
Volunteer Hours: Logging hours is quick, easy and greatly helps WCS. As Westlake applies for a Charter renewal, volunteerism is one part of the application. We know how much you all volunteer so please take a couple minutes to log those hard earned hours. Click HERE to enter all hours combined and receive an email confirmation. Thank you!
2019 International Festival Committee: Do you enjoy event planning? Do you love celebrating diversity? If so, the International Festival Committee could use your help! We’re looking for a new publicist and event co-chair to join our committee. If you or someone you know might be interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kudos: Thank you to each and every chaperone who has attending field lessons with our students. This year they have visited Fog Willow, The CA Museum, Age of Sail, Academy of Sciences and so many more places. We appreciate your commitment to helping guide our students, keep them safe and show them learning opportunities outside of our campus. These trips wouldn’t be possible without you!