Development Committee Meeting
October 16th @ 5:00 PM
Coffee Talk – WCHS OASIS or Commons
Tuesday, October 17th @ 6:00 PM
Governance Committee & Board Meeting
Thursday, October 19th @ 5:30 & 6:30 PM
Saturday, October 21st @ 3:00 PM
WCS Book Fair
October 21st – 26th
Westlake Weekly Podcast: CLICK HERE for this week’s Westlake Weekly Podcast.
CORE VALUE: The Core Value for the month of October is EXCELLENCE!!! Teachers have been talking about excellence in their Morning Meetings and Advisory classes and celebrating students who demonstrate this core value.
Bully Prevention Week: October is National Bully Prevention Month. During the week of October 16th – 20th, we will be doing activities to promote the importance of getting to know one another and how to take an active role in creating a more empathic and inclusive community. Both campuses will be participating in Mix It Up Day (K-8 on 10/19 and WCHS on 10/20) , which encourages students to identify, question and cross social boundaries by stepping outside their comfort zone and connecting with someone new at lunch.
Canned Food Drive: Our annual Fall Food Drive benefiting Joey’s Food Locker, and in partnership with the Natomas Chamber of Commerce has begun and will run through November 13th. Non-perishable food items can be turned in at the reception area of each campus. Thank you for helping us give back to our Natomas community!
Fall Festival: Our 11th Annual Fall Festival is happening Saturday, October 21st from 3:00 – 6:00 PM. This family event is open to the entire community with games suitable for all ages! The Fall Festival features food, a treat walk, games, and the ever popular silent auction baskets where all proceeds go directly to the classrooms.
Presale tickets will be available for purchase at a discount: get $10 off by purchasing 30 tickets for $20! Take advantage of the deal because tickets will be $1 each on the day of the event.
- K-8 Campus Presales: Wednesday 10/18 and Friday 10/20 at pick up and drop off
- HS Campus Presales: Tuesday, 10/17 and Thursday, 10/19 at drop off
- CLICK HERE to view our flier
- CLICK HERE to volunteer for the event day! We need families to run game booths and food tables.
- The success of the event relies heavily on donations for things such as pop up tents and ice chests, food and desserts for the treat walk. Please consider donating to the event. CLICK HERE to see what we still need.
Do you or someone you know own a business they would like to share with our community? Sign up to host a sponsorship booth at our Fall Festival! CLICK HERE to download the sponsorship packet.
Yearbook Orders: CLICK HERE to order your K-8 yearbook directly through TreeRing and get two pages to personalize with your own pictures! Use code 101667583471473 or see the email with the link to purchase. Get 10% off your purchase until 10/31. Need help? Contact: Mrs. Liechti, [email protected].
Upcoming Home Athletics:
- Saturday, October 21st: Cross Country Flat SAC Invitational @ 9:00 AM at Gibson Ranch Regional Park in Elverta
Senior Experience Forum: Families and students are welcome to join us for our initial planning session for our first senior class on Thursday, November 2nd at 5:00pm. This will be a facilitated brainstorming session where families can contribute their thoughts and ideas as to what our traditions and experiences are for seniors.
PSAT/NMSQT: We will administer the PSAT/NMSQT (National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) at WCHS for all 11th graders on Wednesday, October 25th. 11th grade families have received communication with details on the upcoming test and how they can opt their student out of taking this assessment.
Save the Date:
- October 17th at 6:00 PM: Coffee Talk – WCHS OASIS or Commons
- October 21st: Fall Festival
- Do you or someone you know own a business they would like to share with our community? Sign up to host a sponsorship booth at our Fall Festival! CLICK HERE to download the sponsorship packet.
- Planning is well underway but there is still plenty of time to get in on the fun. If you’re interested in joining the planning committee please reach out to Toni Elgamiel at [email protected].
- CLICK HERE to view our flier
- CLICK HERE to volunteer for or make a donation to the event day
- November 1st: WAVE Board Meeting
- November 29th: Chili Cook-Off
- December 15th: Movie Night
- February 3rd: Winter Ball Family Dance – This is a new event for our school and we need help planning! If you’re interested in joining the committee, reach out Toni Elgamiel at [email protected].
Spirit Store: CLICK HERE to purchase hats, mugs, bags, sweatshirts, ladies fit items, and more. WAVE does not carry an inventory so please be sure to check sizing information before placing your order. All items are made to order and shipped directly to you. Shop now to get items just in time for fall!
Kudos: Big thank you to the families that volunteered for our Olympic Triathlon. It was a hugely successful event, the kids had so much fun and we saw nothing but smiles from all around. Thank you for coming together as a community to share in these events!