WAVE Parent Meeting
Wednesday, August 16th @ 6:00 PM
WAVE Coffee Talk – K-8 Campus
Friday, August 18th @ 8:30 AM
Tuesday, August 22nd
K-8 Back to School Night
Wednesday, August 23rd
High School Back to School Night
Wednesday, August 30th
Westlake Weekly Podcast: CLICK HERE for this week’s Westlake Weekly Podcast.
School Supply & Field Lesson Donations: We have already raised nearly 15% of our school wide supply funds in just 3 days! Thank you families. Please CLICK HERE to make your school supplies and field lesson donations today. You can make a one time donation, or in two easy steps, you can make your donation as a small monthly payment throughout the year.
WAVE Coffee Talk: Join WAVE on Friday, August 18th for Coffee Talk at the Westlake Charter School K-8 campus in the covered dining area. We’ll get the conversation started at 8:30 AM and we’d love to have you join!
COVID-19: If your student tests positive for COVID-19, please CLICK HERE to notify our contact tracing team who will reach out to you with return to school timelines.
Fall Picture Day: Kindergarten-11th grade picture day will be on Tuesday, August 22nd at both campuses. This is a uniform picture day for our K-8 campus. All students will have their picture taken for the yearbook and student IDs, even if they don’t purchase a picture package. CLICK HERE to pre-purchase your pictures online. Group pictures will be available to add to your package for Kindergarten to 5th grade classes only. We are looking for six volunteers to help with picture day. Email [email protected] if you are available to be at either campus from 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM on August 22nd – volunteers receive a free picture package.
Free and Reduced Price Meals: Families, each year it is incredibly important to our school that we are able to account for every student during this form collection process. We are authorized by the Natomas Unified School District and as a part of our partnership, we commit to collecting these forms from every family. So, please, complete this form for every student in your family. While meals remain free for all students this school year, this is important data for our Charter authorization.
- CLICK HERE to complete the Free and Reduced Price Meals (FRPM) acknowledgement form which will allow us to ensure everyone has received this information. Even if you don’t think you qualify for free or reduced priced meals, please complete the form for our tracking purposes.
- CLICK HERE to complete the FRPM application.
Bell Schedules and Academic Calendar:
- CLICK HERE for our K-8 Bell Schedule
- CLICK HERE for our High School Bell Schedule
- CLICK HERE for our 23-24 Academic Calendar
School Uniforms/Dress Code: The uniform policy of Westlake Charter School was adopted as a means of enhancing positive interaction between students and eliminating issues surrounding attire. Uniforms are to be worn Monday-Thursday. On Fridays, blue jeans and a spirit shirt or College-logo printed shirt can be worn. Each student will be provided a spirit shirt at Meet the Teacher (sizes can be exchanged at the Front Office). This dress code and uniform guideline applies during school hours and extracurricular events whereby the student is representing WCS. CLICK HERE for all the details.
K-8 Back to School Night: Our K-8 Back to School Night is on Wednesday, August 23rd. To the best of our ability, we would like to keep this event distraction free by encouraging families to make this a non-student event. This will allow for teachers and families to connect in a distraction-free environment. For families that need supervision, our BASE program will be available to help, however, space is potentially limited. If you know that you will need childcare to attend this event, please CLICK HERE to RSVP for BASE as soon as possible so that we can properly prepare.
- Kindergarten through 5th grade families: We have two identical sessions – you only need to attend one. Session one is 6:00 – 6:30 PM. Session two is 6:40 – 7:10 PM. Art and Spanish teachers will be in their classrooms and PE will be on the stage/gym from 6:00 – 7:10 PM – please stop by!
- 6th – 8th grade families: We have two identical sessions – you only need to attend one. Session one is 5:00 – 5:40 PM. Session two is 6:00 – 6:40 PM. During these sessions, you will meet with your student’s core teachers and specialty teachers. Your students are creating your schedule for the evening.
School Dismissal Manager: All Parent/Guardian passwords have been reset, new login directions were emailed Friday, August 4th. Please reference that email to find your temporary password, login, change your password, and update your student’s dismissal option. Please email [email protected] with questions you may have.
Arrival Dismissal Reminders/FAQs: When dropping off or picking up students, please help keep our Explorers safe by pulling forward as far as possible and remain in your vehicle. Staff will help your student to and from your car if needed. We appreciate your support on this.
- K-8 BASE Program: Our Before and After School Explorer team is prepared for a fantastic year! Our BASE program will be available beginning at 7:00 AM each morning. BASE will also be available after school each day until 6:00 PM and will accept drop-ins. CLICK HERE to register your child(ren) for the 2023-2024 school year. CLICK HERE to read through our BASE Family Handbook for additional information. Email [email protected] with any questions
- Arrival and Dismissal:. CLICK HERE for the Arrival and Dismissal Quick Glance.
- Changes for the 23-24 school year
- At 8:10 AM, the Maybrook gate and C gate will be available entrances
- The Bike Path Gate will only be open for the Walking School Bus, and closed immediately after their arrival on campus.
- Changes for the 23-24 school year
Walking School Bus: Join our daily Walking School Bus! The adult supervised walk departs from Burberry Park, Monday – Friday, rain or shine. Students can be dropped off between 7:45 and 8:00 AM to allow plenty of time to safely walk to our K-8 campus. Not only do families avoid traffic and decrease congestion near campus, but students also earn points to use towards prizes. We need volunteers to walk and check students in near our campus entrances. Please email [email protected] to get involved today!
Upcoming Home Athletics Events:
- Friday, August 18th: Boys Soccer, Futures vs. WCHS (HOME at Tanzanite Park) at 6:00 PM
- Friday, August 18th: Girls JV/ Varsity Volleyball, Sac High vs. WCHS (HOME) at 5:30 and 6:30 PM
- Saturday, August 19th: Cross Country, Sierra Invitational at Sierra College in Rocklin
WCHS Back to School Night: Our WCHS Back to School Night is on Wednesday, August 30th. The evening will begin with an optional gathering in the OASIS and Commons at 5:30 PM where families can pick up their student’s class schedule and learn more about our High School program. Classrooms will be open for presentations from 6:00 – 7:30 PM. Families will rotate through their student’s classrooms following their class schedule.
Arrival and Dismissal: Each day our campus will open at 8:00 AM. Students will enter through our Commons door in the back of our campus. Students who arrive between 8:00 – 8:27 AM will be able to receive breakfast in the Commons. School begins promptly at 8:30 AM. Students will dismiss at 3:45 PM or at 1:30 PM on Wednesdays. Students should exit from the Commons.
Class Change Requests and Honors Classes: Beginning in 10th grade students at WCHS can opt into embedded honors courses. During the first two weeks of schools teachers will be sharing their honors syllabi and exposing students to honors level work. Student may opt in to taking an honors courses by using the class change request form. CLICK HERE for the class change request form. Class change requests will be accepted until August 22nd.
Counselor Caseload Split: As our high school grows, so does our counseling department. Parwana Daud and Carli Fabbri are now a team of two for our WCHS counseling department. Their counseling caseloads will be split as follows:
- Students with last names A – K: Ms. Daud
- Students with last names L – Z: Ms. Fabbri
Co-Ed Cross Country: It’s not too late to join our Cross Country team for the fall season! Our head Cross Country coach, Mr. Schoenberg, has room for more Explorer Athletes who are interested in running with the team. If you’re interested, email our Athletics Director, Dave Evans at [email protected] for more details and to get started on your athletic clearance requirements.
Welcome back to school, families!
- Wednesday, August 16th at 6:00 PM – WAVE board meeting in the K-8 Library
- Friday, August 18 at 8:30 AM – Coffee Talk with admin in the covered dining area on our K-8 campus. We hope to see you there!
If you’re interested in adding the rest of the meetings to your calendar, CLICK HERE to see the entire 2023-24 schedule.
Uniform Swap: We’ll have our uniform swap tables out at Back to School Night on the K-8 campus. If you have gently used uniforms your student has outgrown, consider bringing them to swap or donate. Or, just come browse our selection and take what your Explorer needs!
- August 23rd: Olympic Triathlon Launch – We’re getting ready for the biggest fundraiser of the year! We’ll be launching the Olympic Triathlon on August 23d and the culminating event will be on Friday, September 29th during school hours. On event day our students celebrate their specialty classes, engaging in activities for Art, Spanish, and P.E.
- September 15th: Bingo Night – Add bingo night to your calendar! This is a free community event for our families. Come join us for bingo, some snacks, and fun for the whole family!
- October 21st Fall Festival – We’re looking for families to help plan our 2023 Fall Festival. If you’re interested in joining the planning committee please reach out to Toni Elgamiel at [email protected].
Facebook Page: WAVE has a private Facebook page which is a fantastic resource for our families. The page is a great way to connect with the community, ask questions, give ideas and post pictures of your students. CLICK HERE to join the page.
Kudos: Thank you, Cristi Rodda and family, for all of the effort put into organizing the Uniform Swap. They kindly donated totes, continuously sort and store all of the clothing, and take the time to set up at events for all of our families to utilize. We feel truly fortunate to have you in our community!