WCS Finance & Charter Impact Committee Meetings
Thursday, March 23rd @ 5PM & 6PM
WAVE Movie Night
Friday, March 31st @ 6PM
WAVE Meeting – K-8 Library
Wednesday, April 5th @ 6PM
WCS Governance Committee & Board Meetings
Thursday, April 6th @ 5:30PM & 6:30PM
Spring Break – No School
Monday, April 10th – Friday April 14th
Westlake Weekly Podcast: CLICK HERE for this week’s Westlake Weekly Podcast.
WAVE K-12 Movie Night: Please join us for Movie Night on Friday, March 31st at 6PM! We will have Puss in Boots: The Last Wish playing at the K-8 campus and a movie chosen by the students at our High School campus. Both movies will begin at 6:30PM giving families plenty of time to drop students off at the HS campus and travel to the K-8 campus to watch the movie with their K-8 student. We will have popcorn, water, and treats available for all to enjoy during the movie. Check back next week for the announcement of the movie chosen by our High School students! We need volunteers at both campuses to make this evening successful. CLICK HERE to sign up to help.
Spring Break: Spring Break is Monday, April 10th through Friday, April 14th. Both campuses and BASE will be closed for Spring break. We look forward to welcoming staff and students back on Monday, April 17th.
School Safety: Families, we are asking for your support. Please do not allow replica or toy weapons onto our campus. Please talk to your child and remind them if they see something that doesn’t belong on campus or makes them feel uncomfortable to say something immediately to a trusted adult.
Call for Coaches: Our spring athletics season for 6th-8th grade Explorers starts in just a few weeks, and we are looking for volunteer FUTSAL and FLAG FOOTBALL coaches. CLICK HERE for more information about Futsal and CLICK HERE for more information about Flag Football. Please share the flier with family and friends; we need the community’s support to ensure the success of Explorer athletics. Reach out to Coach Sterling with questions.
Yearbook Orders: The 2022-2023 Westlake Charter School yearbooks are available to order! Orders are due April 19th. We have a limited quantity so don’t delay in placing your order.
- K-8: CLICK HERE to order your K-8 yearbook directly through TreeRing and get two pages to personalize with your own pictures! Use code 101667583471473 or see the email with the link to purchase. Need help? Contact: Mrs. Liechti, [email protected]
- High School: CLICK HERE to order your High School yearbook for $35. Need help? Contact: Abby Grimaldi, [email protected]
Big Day of Giving!: Do you know a business that supports the BDOG? Tell them about our Explorers this Big Day of Giving, May 4th 2023. To learn more reach out to [email protected]. All donations will go towards our Explorers! Visit: wcsinfo.cc/BDOG2023 to donate today.
March Core Value – Global Perspective: Our Explorers are joyfully learning about global perspective this month. In case you missed it, CLICK HERE for the March Global Perspective Video!
Spring Enrichment: Spring enrichment classes began last week. If your student is participating in enrichment, please set School Dismissal Manager to “Enrichment”. Students participating in enrichment classes will meet their instructor in the cafeteria at dismissal. CLICK HERE for the schedule so you know where to pick your student up after class.
6-8 Explorer Athletics: Our spring season starts in just a few weeks, and we’ll be playing futsal and flag football. If your middle school student wants to play and has not turned in a participant packet this school year, please CLICK HERE to fill one out. Hard copies are also available at the front office. More information will be provided next week.
Upcoming Home Games for the week: CLICK HERE to check out the updated schedule on our website.
- Monday, 3/20 4:00 PM Boys JV Volleyball @ HOME vs. Trinity Christian
- Tuesday, 3/21 4:00 PM Girls V Soccer @ HOME vs. Western Sierra
- Tuesday, 3/21 4:30 PM Boys JV Volleyball @ Inderkum
- Tuesday, 3/21 6:00 PM Boys V Volleyball @ John Adams Academy -EDH
- Wednesday, 3/22 4:15 PM E-Sports vs. Mission Vista Timberwolves
- Thursday, 3/23 3:30 PM Girls V Soccer @ HOME vs. Creative Connections
- Thursday, 3/23 5:00 PM Boys JV Volleyball @ HOME vs. Western Sierra
- Thursday, 3/23 6:00 PM Boys V Volleyball @ HOME vs. Western Sierra
Save the Date: We are excited to announce the date for our High School 101 Night. April 4th 5:30-7 PM. This event will be for all current high school families. It will be held on our High School campus with presentations from our counseling and admin team. The topics covered at this event will be:
- Dual Enrollment
- Advanced Education
- High School Information
- Embedded Honors
International Festival: The 18th Annual International Festival is quickly approaching on Saturday, April 29th from 3-6. The highlight of our International Festival are the Cultural Booths hosted by WCS families and staff. We are in need of booth hosts to make this event a success!
- Cultural booth hosts may provide a small sampling of native cuisine, cultural artifacts, a children’s activity/game and/or anything else you would like to demonstrate or display. The booth can be as simple or complex as you would like. We would love to have as many cultures represented as possible.
- CLICK HERE to register to host a booth or send an email to [email protected] for more information.
WAVE Board Elections: Help us make the 23-24 school year amazing by joining the WAVE Board. All board positions of President, Vice President of Business Operations, Vice President of Parent Participation, Treasurer and Secretary are coming up for election in May. If you are interested in learning more or finding out how to get involved, please contact Amber Hustead, WAVE President, at [email protected].
Kudos: Thank you to all of the family members who joined us for Coffee Talk last week! These gatherings are an important tool for our community to reflect, improve, and celebrate. We hope to see you at the next Coffee Talk on Tuesday, April 26th at 6PM on our High School campus.