Fall Break – No School
Monday, October 3rd – Friday, October 7th
High School Conference Week – Early Dismissal
October 10th – October 14th
K-12 – Picture Retake Day
Tuesday, October 11th
International Walk to School Day
Wednesday, October 12th
Fall Festival – K8 Campus
Saturday, October 15th @ 3PM
Westlake Weekly Podcast: CLICK HERE for this week’s Westlake Weekly Podcast.
Fall Break: Westlake Charter School will be closed Monday, October 3rd through Friday, October 7th for Fall Break. Great news, BASE will be open over October break from 7AM to 6PM! Although pre-registration is not required, it does help us plan for activities and staffing. Please CLICK HERE to reserve your students spot.
Picture Picture Retake Day – Tuesday, October 11th: Our Picture Retake Day is Tuesday, October 11th. Retakes are for the following:
- Students who are new to our school since the original picture day
- Students who were absent on the original picture day
- Students who would like to retake their photo, email [email protected] to get on the retake list as soon as possible
Fall Festival: The 10th annual Fall Festival is Saturday, October 15th from 3pm-6pm! This family event is open to the entire community with games suitable for all ages! The event features food, a scavenger hunt and the ever popular silent auction baskets where all proceeds go directly to the classrooms.
- Volunteering: Most shifts are only 1 hour and opportunities range from decorations/set up, working booths and tear down.
- Donations: Families can earn hours for the time they spend shopping for the items and bringing it to the school. From supplies, to lending pop up canopies and coolers, this is another great way to earn hours, especially for those who can’t volunteer the day of the event!
- Treat Walk Donations: Our Treat Walk is tremendously popular so we will need desert donations (baked or bought) to make sure the game continues throughout the event.
- Ticket Presale: Families can purchase 30 tickets for $20 (33% off). On Wednesday, 10/12 and Friday, 10/14 tickets will be available at the Maybrook gate of the K8 campus in the morning before lineup and during dismissal. On Thursday, 10/13(drop-off) and Friday, 10/14 (lunch) tickets will be sold at our High School campus.
- Tickets at the Event: Tickets are $1 each. For reference, most games will be 1 ticket while a few will be up to 3 tickets. Food court will be from 1-5 tickets.
- For any questions regarding Fall Festival please send an email to [email protected].
- Please CLICK HERE to find out how to volunteer and donate to this incredible event!
Progress Reports: Progress reports will be distributed for all Westlake Charter School Students. Progress reports for our K-8 students will be sent home with students on September 30th and progress reports for our high school students will be sent in the mail the week of October 3rd.
Fall Food Drive: Our annual Fall Food Drive benefiting Joey’s Food Locker, and in partnership with the Natomas Chamber of Commerce begins October 11th and will run through November 11th. Westlake Charter School will be collecting non-perishable food items when we return from October Break. Food collection stations will be placed in the reception area of each campus; collection stations will be picked up November 10th, 2022. Thank you for helping us give back to our Natomas community! CLICK HERE for the flier with more details.
Supply Donations: CLICK HERE to make your donation today! Great News! We have already reached 32% of our total School Supplies goal. Note: When you make a monthly donation, our grade level campaigns are credited for the entire year in advance on our goal thermometer!
International Walk to School Day: Be part of the Walktober challenge to see how far students can “Walk Across America” by walking to school, all month long. Kick off Walktober by celebrating Walk to School Day on October 12th, We encourage as many families as possible to join us for a morning walk from Burberry park to school at 7:50 am. Gates this day will open early at 8:00AM and a DJ will be hosting a dance party near covered dining from 8:00-8:25AM. Come join the fun!
WCHS Games of the Week: Come cheer on our Explorer Athletes at the next Westlake Charter High School games of the 22-23 fall season! All home games will be played on our K-8 campus.
- September 27th: Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Fortune 4:00PM
- September 29th: Boys Soccer vs. Fortune 4:00PM
- September 29th: Varsity Girls Volleyball vs Trinity Prep 4:00PM
Family Conferences – Canyon Creek: We are excited to have our first round of Family Conferences October 10th through October 14th. These conferences are student led and are also the place where you will receive your students progress report. This year we will return to having conferences in person, however, if you need to have a virtual conference, please still schedule your conference through Canyon Creek and then CLICK HERE to request a virtual conference option.
- The online scheduler will open from September 19th through October 10th. Remember, during conference week we will dismiss early at 1:29 PM to allow time to meet with each of our families. CLICK HERE for the direction sheet with step-by-step details on how to schedule your appointment. If you would like to schedule a virtual conference please still schedule your conference through Canyon Creek and then complete this form.
Otus Family Account: Otus allows family members to view and access information, including current grades, for all classes through a family account. Directions and access information were given out at Back to School Night as well as sent home with all high school students. If you need additional support or information on how to access your family account please email [email protected].
Free Sports Physicals: Do you have a student athlete that needs a sports physical? Good news, Urgent Care Now Natomas, 1931 Arena Blvd. will be hosting FREE sports physical clinics on Thursday, September 22nd & 29th. CLICK HERE for more information and to sign up.
Homecoming Dance: Thank you for coming back to our Homecoming Announcements section! We are so excited to announce the theme for our very first Westlake Charter High School Homecoming Dance will be Enchanted Garden! Our Homecoming dance will be held on Saturday, November 5th from 7-10PM at our K-8 Campus. We can’t wait to transform the Gym into an Enchanted Garden! We would love help from our Explorer community, so keep an eye out for our call for volunteers coming soon!
Volunteer Page: The WAVE Volunteer Page is a great place to find out about upcoming events, sign up to volunteer, log your volunteer hours, and check out what our amazing WCS volunteers have been working on. Volunteer hours include anything you were doing to support our staff, students and community. This includes attending WAVE meetings, take home projects, field lessons, coaching a WCS team, working at an event, opening car doors during drop off, buying treats for the cake walk, making chili for the Chili Cook-Off, and so much more!
Kudos: The Fall Festival committee has been busy preparing for the 10th Annual Westlake Charter School Fall Festival. We have been busy with meetings, planning games, creating decor, shopping for food, and organizing silent auction baskets. Thank you to each and every volunteer for working hard to bring back this incredible event.