WCS Lottery Opens
Wednesday, December 1st
Tuesday, December 7th @ 6:30PM
WCS Governance Committee Meeting
Thursday, December 9th @ 5:30PM
WCS Board Meeting
Thursday, December 9th @ 6:30PM
Olympic Triathlon Event Day
Friday, December 10th
Westlake Weekly Podcast: CLICK HERE for this week’s Westlake Weekly Podcast.
Lottery Opens December 1st: Our 2022-23 lottery application window will open on Wednesday, December 1st and will include 9th and 10th grade at Westlake Charter High School! Current students do not need to fill out an application to continue their enrollment at WCS; however, siblings do need to fill out lottery applications to attend. Visit Joinwestlake.com on December 1st to apply.
NUSD COVID Vaccine Clinics: NUSD will have vaccine clinics on December 3rd at the following locations:
- Urgent Care Now Natomas (7am- 1pm): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/ucnncovidvax120321
- 12 years old and up at NHS (3pm- 6pm): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/nusdcovidvax120321
- 5 to 11 years old, 3-6pm at NHS: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5to11nusdcovidclinic120321
Olympic Triathlon: The 14th annual Westlake Charter School Olympic Triathlon is off to a great start! The Triathlon is not only our biggest fundraiser of the year but an event to showcase what makes our school unique. It is about celebrating and supporting our enriched educational opportunities which includes specialities at our K-8, athletics, clubs and activities. Our annual Olympic Triathlon allows WCS to celebrate these incredible opportunities and offer our family, friends and community a way to support this work.
- On Friday, December 10th our students will participate in a special day of learning on the Olympic Triathlon Event Day. We need volunteers to make this day possible. Please CLICK HERE to sign up. All volunteers must show proof of COVID vaccination or negative COVID test result.
- You can get started fundraising today! Please visit http://pledgestar.com/westlakecharter to set up a family donation page. You can customize it with student name(s), a photo and donation goal. It is easy to quickly request sponsors via email or text explaining why WCS is amazing and how they can help us meet our goal this year.
- Prefer to collect donations in cash or checks? Simply put the donation in an envelope with the student’s name and teacher then drop off at the donation table during our collection drop off times or deliver to the front office. Upcoming donation collection days:
- 11/29 3-3:30pm Mabry Campus near Maybrook gate
- 11/30 7:30-8am East Commerce Campus
- 12/2 3:35-4pm East Commerce Campus
- 12/3 8-8:30am Mabry Campus near flagpole
- 12/6 3-3:30pm Mabry Campus near Maybrook gate
- 12/7 7:30-8am East Commerce Campus
- 12/9 3:35-4pm East Commerce Campus
- 12/10 8-8:30am Mabry Campus near flagpole
BASE Closed Over Winter Break: Due to a limited number of interested families, BASE will be closed over winter break. Please plan accordingly.
High School Report Cards: Our first semester of high school will end on December 16th. Report Cards will be mailed home the week of January 10th. If you need help logging into your students Otus Family Portal please contact [email protected] for login in support.
In case you missed it…
Weekly Surveillance Testing After School: It’s not too late to participate in the weekly surveillance testing for students. CLICK HERE to pre-register your student. Testing takes place on Wednesdays – at the high school from 1:00-1:30PM and at the K-8 from 1:30-2:00 PM. Email [email protected] with any questions.
Substitute Teaching Positions – Update: If you’ve taken college-level coursework in Reading, Writing and Mathematics – even if you have yet to earn a degree – you might be eligible to substitute teach. CLICK HERE if you are willing to get paid as a Substitute Teacher for a day or even part of a day. Let us know you are interested and we will work with you through the process. Thank you!
COVID Symptoms: If your student has any COVID-19 symptoms, please keep them home until they are symptom free for 24 hours. Symptoms include: Fever over 100.4, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, muscle/body aches, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell. If your student has any of those symptoms, please keep them home until they are symptom-free for 24 hours and email [email protected] to report their absence.
K-8 Counselor’s Corner: CLICK HERE to review the November newsletter from our K-8 counselors, Jessica Krivoy and Carli Fabbri.
Volunteer Opportunities: We need help on our K-8 campus. Our Lost & Found is overflowing and we need 1 or 2 volunteers to come on campus after school to help organize and sort these items. Our arrival and dismissal team is in need of additional support directing traffic to and from our campus. Our walk and bike to school program needs a volunteer to help students check each morning near the front office. Do you have 1 or 2 days a week you can help with any of these opportunities? Please contact [email protected] to get started.
Staff Appreciation Committee: We are looking for a committee of volunteers who are passionate about showing our staff how much we appreciate them. Please CLICK HERE to sign up. Thank you!
Kudos: Thank you to our fantastic teachers for spending time with each and every family during conference week. Thank you to our families for meeting with your teacher to discuss the first part of the school year. Working together is the best way to support our students!