Monday, September 6th
Tuesday, September 7th @ 6:30 PM
WCS Governance Meeting
Thursday, September 9th @ 5:30 PM
WCS Board Meeting
Thursday,September 9th @ 6:30 PM
WCS Development Meeting
Monday, September 20th @ 5 PM
Westlake Weekly Podcast: CLICK HERE for this week’s Westlake Weekly Podcast.
Health and Safety Update: Keep up the good work families! Your efforts to help slow the spread of the COVID 19 virus is working. Families are keeping students home when they have symptoms and are notifying our school whenever someone in your family has been exposed to COVID19. Updates:
- See our new SCPH Quarantine Decision Tree on Pages 6, 7, & 8 of our Health and Safety Guidebook (Located on our Return to Schools Page)
- See updates to our COVID19 Dashboard (Located on our Return to Schools Page)
- Read our one page overview of Contact Tracing at WCS or watch our Contact Tracing video
- Through contact tracing we can share that WCS has had zero transmissions on campus. All positive cases have been traced to being contracted off campus.
Athletics Spectators: We are so excited for our High School Sports program! Our Volleyball and Cross Country team had their first competitions last week. For on campus sporting events we are currently limiting spectators to only individuals who live in the same household as the players on the team.
Calling all Families: We Need Your Help
There is a substitute teacher shortage in California. Every school is struggling to find substitute teachers – and this has become more important than ever due to quarantine and symptom restrictions. So, we have two asks:
- Does anyone in your family have a 30 day teaching credential and would like to sign up to be a Westlake Charter School Substitute?
- Don’t have a credential, but are willing to get one? If you have a bachelor’s degree, you’re halfway there! Our team will help walk you through the process of obtaining a credential, and once you’ve received your credential and have started working, WCS will reimburse you for costs associated with obtaining it!
- Click HERE to read more and begin the process!
COVID Symptoms: If your student has any COVID-19 symptoms, please keep them home until they are symptom free for 24 hours. Symptoms include: Fever over 100.4, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, muscle/body aches, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell. If your student has any of those symptoms, please keep them home until they are symptom-free for 24 hours and email [email protected] to report their absence.
School Supplies Donations: Thank you, families. We are 30% of our goal for school supply donations with our Kindergarten families leading the way at 68% of their grade level goal.
CLICK HERE to make your School Supplies donation today.
Free and Reduced Priced Meals Forms – DUE Friday, September 3rd: Families, each year it is incredibly important to our school that we are able to account for every student during this form collection process. We are authorized by the Natomas Unified School District and a part of our partnership is that we commit to collecting these forms from every eligible family. So, please, complete this form for every student. While meals remain free for all students this school year, this is important data for our Charter authorization.
- CLICK HERE to complete the FRPM tracking form by Friday, September 3rd. Even if you don’t think you qualify for free or reduced priced meals, please complete the form for our tracking purposes.
- CLICK HERE to complete the FRPM application.
K-8 School Arrival and Dismissal: Families, please follow all traffic rules to help keep the traffic flowing during arrival dismissal, for example, please do not make u turns within 150 feet of an intersection, like on the corner of Maybrook and Rockmont Circle. We are also asking that families park responsibly in our neighborhood without blocking driveways at any time. Finally, please, only cross the street using the crosswalks: this is a big part of our transportation unit at school, and we are asking that we all work together to teach our students about traffic safety.
- CLICK HERE for the School Dismissal Manager Information Letter
- Remember that bikes and independent walkers should exit the Bike Path gate to avoid the car traffic in the parking lot
- Kindergarten Dismissal: Only kinder families will be allowed to enter the school parking lot from 2:30-3:00 each day, and 12:30-1:00 on Wednesdays.
- Between 3:15-3:45, our priority at BASE is to ensure students are checked in and accounted for. If you arrive during this window to pick up a student from BASE, we will try our best to serve you, but please be patient.
K-8 BASE After School Program: CLICK HERE to register your student for BASE. Explorers can drop in to BASE any school day, but please be sure to update School Dismissal Manager so we know to expect your student. CLICK HERE to find the form you will use when checking your student out of BASE at the end of the day. Email [email protected] with any questions.
In case you missed it…
Vaccination clinics: 9/3/21, and 9/10/21 – In an effort to help keep schools safe and open for full in-person instruction, the California Department of Public Health is strongly encouraging all eligible persons to become vaccinated. Our partners at NUSD are offering vaccination clinics on 8/20, 9/3, and 9/10. CLICK HERE to register.
School Supplies Donations: Each year Westlake Charter School purchases all the school supplies our students will need. You don’t need to go out and purchase anything. To help our school offset these costs, we ask for an optional $25 donation for each student. We promise, with our bulk educational discount, we can get a lot more for your student than they would get for the same price at even the best discount retail store.
- CLICK HERE to make your School Supplies donation today.
Restaurant Fundraisers: We have a full year of restaurant fundraisers scheduled! Each month we have 1-2 local restaurants committed to donating 15-30% of WAVE sales during a specific date and time. Our first fundraiser is coming up on Wednesday, September 8th from 10am-9pm at Panda Express (2940 Del Paso Road). Order online using code 327256 or in-person using this FLYER and WAVE will receive 20% back. It’s that simple! Upcoming restaurant fundraisers include Dos Coyotes, Mountain Mikes, Chipotle and Sourdough & Co. Huge thanks to Rebecca Montes for organizing so many fundraisers which benefit WAVE and local businesses!
K-8 Classroom Ambassadors (formerly known as Room Parents): We need a Classroom Ambassador for each and every K-8 class (advisory for middle school). Classroom Ambassadors will work with teachers to plan special events/requests, communicate with parents regarding volunteer needs and support WAVE in the classroom. This position will also work with our Grade Level Liaisons to build community through events and activities. This is a great way to stay involved when we cannot physically be on campus. Please click HERE to volunteer today. Thank you!
Kudos: Our staff is simply fantastic. They have found a way to implement safe practices from arrival to recess to lunch to specialities and beyond. This has required more planning, more steps, more people and a lot more time but they have found ways and continue to make adjustments as we go. Thank you to each and every one of our staff for working so hard to get our students safely back in the classroom. We appreciate all you do!