Follow Westlake Charter
Message from the school
Families, Westlake Charter School staff have been working all weekend to organize our operations to help families stay connected during these coming weeks. We know you have a lot of questions, and we promise that we are listening and will try our best to answer what we can as fast as we can. We think it is important to first establish very clear lines of communication. Therefore we are committed to the following communications guidelines.
Thank you, Explorer Families, for working together during this incredible time. We are so honored to be able to serve our community while working hard to serve our own families. We promise to continue demonstrating what is truly possible when school and community collaborate.
- We will continue to send a weekly update via the WestlakeWeekly.
- We have created a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to help provide information. There are still many questions we do not have the answers to. However, we will post these questions on the FAQ page so that you will know we have heard you and are working on it.
- With this in mind, we need to hear from you.. Please email email@example.com with any questions that you have. We will respond to you directly and place community-wide questions on our new FAQ page.
Explorer families, if we work together, using these communication tools, we can continue to keep our students and families connected.
WCS is closed through April 5th, and if this date changes, we will communicate this directly with our community. Our primary concern right now is that our students, staff, and families are all safe. We know there are a lot of questions about things like distance learning, academics and testing, but to be clear, our first priority is to make sure everyone has the tools to stay home safely.
On our FAQ page you will see up to date information about food services that are available for all children under the age of 18. The Natomas Unified School District will be providing mobile food stations daily throughout the community, including one in front of Westlake Charter School.
It is our intention to develop resources that will keep students connected to their community. Our teaching staff will be meeting on Monday, March 16th, to begin developing these plans. We are asking families to be patient: this work has never been done before, and we are all learning together. We believe that Westlake Charter School is more prepared than most schools to engage in this work, but it is also incredibly important to take this work slowly and do it correctly. We will communicate again with families tomorrow night, Monday, March 16th, after we have met as a staff, to inform you on what to expect next. Some of the thoughts that will guide this work include:
- Focus on both academic and social-emotional learning
- Learning time is flexible so families can engage when it is convenient for their schedule
- Focus on engagement rather than grading to reduce anxiety for students and families
Frequently Asked Questions
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information. As mentioned above, there are still many questions that don’t yet have answers. However, we will post these questions so you know we are working on it