Chili Cook Off
October 16th @ 6 PM
Picture Retake Day
WCS Governance Meeting
October 17th @ 5:30 PM
WCS Board Meeting
October 17th @ 6:30 PM
WCS Development Meeting
October 21st @ 4:30 PM
After School Lockdown Drill: On Friday, October 18, we will be having an after-school lockdown and evacuation drill at 4:05. If you are on campus to pick up your child from BASE or After-School Live, please plan on participating in the drills with us. Also, please note that students will not be released until the drills are over, about 4:15. Email Jen Holbrook firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with questions or concerns.
Missoula Theater Company: Save date to audition for Missoula Theater Company’s production of The Tortoise Versus the Hare. Auditions take place on Tuesday, November 12th at 3:30 PM in the WCS Gym. All students, Kindergarten through 8th grade, are welcomed and encouraged to audition. Approximately 50-60 WCS students will be cast to appear in the show. This a professional, full costume and stage production put on in one week! Don’t miss the opportunity to audition. There is no guarantee that everyone who auditions will be cast in the play, but the audition experience will be fun for everyone. Click HERE for rehearsal details. Click HERE to RSVP to audition.
October is Bully Prevention Month: In the month of October, Westlake joins with schools across the country to focus on Bullying Prevention Month. This month, we will be participating in a Bully Prevention Assembly brought to us by “The Power of One.” We will also be participating in Nation Wide “Mix-It Up Day”, and be doing presentations in advisory classes.
Walktober: Walk to School Day will be October 16th walk to school and get a treat we will have some fun at Morning Line Up! Join the Walking School Bus for the Month of October. Remember that the PM walking school bus will go on break starting on October 31st
BASE Newsletter: Click HERE for the BASE October Newsletter.
Chili Cook Off: Our 7th Annual Westlake Charter school Chili Cook Off is Wednesday, October 16th at 6 PM. This whole school fundraiser is a great way to get together and have some fun and eat a ton of food!
- 6th-8th grade: Participate in a chili competition and a booth decorating competition through advisory classes. Students can earn community service hours and parents can earn volunteer hours. Click HERE to sign up by your advisory class.
- K-5th grade: Participate in dessert and drink donations. Desserts are sold by individual packages or slices. Parents can earn volunteer hours by assisting in both stations. Click HERE to sign up by your classroom teacher.
- Tickets: $5 per person or $20 for a family for all you can eat chili and a drink.
- Desserts are sold separately at the dessert booth.
WAVE: Don’t forget to click the WAVE tab for more details on the Olympic Triathlon fundraising event that kicks off on October 1st!
In Case You Missed It:
Explorer Athletics: Come out and support our Explorer Athletes Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 3:30 PM to 4:15 PM. Click HERE for the Volleyball schedule and click HERE for the flag football schedule.
Sacramento Regional Transit (SacRT) Fare-Free transit program: Sacramento Regional Transit (SacRT) is offering free transportation to all students who attend a school within the city of Sacramento from October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020. The sticker will allow your student to ride for free on the entire SacRT network. This includes SacRT buses, light rail, and SmaRT Ride microtransit service. The program is available all day, any day of the week, and all year during regular SacRT service hours. Stickers will be placed on the Student ID cards that went home on Monday September 30th!
Olympic Triathlon: Our 12th annual Westlake Charter School Olympic Triathlon is off to a great start! The Triathlon is not just about fundraising but celebrating and supporting our three specialties of Art, Spanish and P.E. which are led by fully credentialed specialty teachers. Our annual Olympic Triathlon allows WCS to celebrate this trifecta and offer our family, friends and community a way to support this work.
- On Friday, November 1st our students will participate in a special day of learning on the Olympic Triathlon Event Day. This day is completely staffed and planned by our parent volunteers in conjunction with WCS staff members. We need your help to make this day fun and successful for our school and students. Please be on the lookout for an event day sign up soon. In the meantime, if you would like to get involved with planning please click HERE and fill out the form to be contacted. We currently need help planning the obstacle course, handing out prizes and more.
- You can get started fundraising today! Please visit http://pledgestar.com/westlakecharter to set up a family donation page. You can customize it with student name(s), a photo and donation goal. It is easy to quickly request sponsors via email, text or social media explaining why WCS is amazing and how they can help us meet our goal this year. Setting up a family site only takes a couple minutes!
- This flyer recently came home with all of the information you need to make this an easy and successful fundraiser. Thank you for your continued support!
Parent Mixer: WAVE invites you to attend our very first Parent Mixer on November 2nd from 6-9pm. A parent/guardian event is a great way to meet or reconnect with other families at Westlake Charter School. This is a parent/guardian only event, so childcare is needed. There will be raffle items, refreshments and an opportunity to purchase beverages. Please be on the lookout for additional information!
Kudos: Thank you to the incredible Fall Festival committee for organizing and leading a fabulous event. The entire day wouldn’t have been possible without over 100 volunteers, hundreds of donations and our supportive community. We are always better together!