WCS Finance/Charter Impact Committee Meetings
Thursday, September 26th @ 5:00 PM 6:00 PM
Spirit Day – Sports Day
Friday, September 27th
Saturday, September 28th @ 2 PM
6th Grade Information Night
Tuesday, October 1st @ 6 PM
WAVE Board Meeting
Thursday, October 3rd @ 6:30 PM
Sacramento Regional Transit (SacRT) Fare-Free transit program: Sacramento Regional Transit (SacRT) is offering free transportation to all students who attend a school within the city of Sacramento from October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020. The sticker will allow your student to ride for free on the entire SacRT network. This includes SacRT buses, light rail, and SmaRT Ride microtransit service. The program is available all day, any day of the week, and all year during regular SacRT service hours. Stickers will be placed on the Student ID card. Look in next week’s Westlake Weekly for details on how to get the RT sticker for your student!
Spirit Day – Sports Day: Friday, September 27th Dress in sports attire or clothing that represents your favorite sports team.Please follow the dress code guidelines below for spirit day:
- Clothes must be free of inappropriate wording and images
- All shirts must have sleeves, no sleeveless shirts.
- All clothing must be free of rips and tears
- All clothing must fit properly. Pants around the natural waist, tops completely covering the torso area
- No dangerous accessories (i.e., bats, hockey pucks, metal cleats)
Missoula Theater Company Returns 11/12 to 11/16: We are so excited to welcome back the Missoula Children’s Theater Company to Westlake Charter School! This year, our K-8th grade students will audition after school on Tuesday, November 12th, and work all week to put on two performances of The Tortoise Versus the Hare on Saturday, November 16th. Families have asked for the dates in advance so they can prioritize Missoula with other competing schedules. Your student will need to be available after school every day 11/12 to 11/15 for rehearsals. Detailed schedules and information will be available in October. Email email@example.com with any questions.
6th Grade Info Night: On Tuesday, October 1st at 6:00 PM we are having our 6th Grade Information Night. We know there is a lot to consider when choosing a Middle School. That evening, we will share how our middle school program compares to other local options. This event is geared toward 5th grade parents and guardians, but all parents and guardians are welcome to attend! Click HERE to RSVP.
Field Refresh: Our staff and families have been concerned about the status of our playing field due to drainage issues and rough patches. We have taken that feedback and coordinated with our Landscaping team to create a plan to correct the issues. During October break, the field repair will begin on half of the field. The east half of the field will be fenced off and unavailable from October Break through Spring Break. The entire field will be reopened after Spring break and remain open through October 2020 when the second half of the field will be repaired.
WAVE: Don’t forget to click the WAVE tab for more details on important upcoming Fall Festival events on 9/28!
In Case You Missed It:
Attendance September: September is National Attendance Month! During the Month of September we will be celebrating student attendance. Thank you for ensuring that your students arrive to school on time every day! Classes are working toward earning an attendance party!
Club Volunteers: We’re looking for adult volunteers to chaperone clubs lead by middle school students. Our fall session of AS Live Clubs is September 23th – October 25th. We need adults for one Monday club, two Tuesday clubs, and two Thursday clubs, and one Friday club. Clubs meet one hour each week, 3:15PM – 4:15PM. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested. #WCSVolunteers
2019 Fall Festival: The 9th annual Fall Festival is just around the corner on Saturday, September 28th from 2PM – 6PM! This family event is open to the entire community with games suitable for all ages! The event features food, a scavenger hunt and the ever popular silent auction baskets where all proceeds go directly to the classrooms. Contact your room parent to donate or find out more about the basket for your student’s classroom. Click HERE to donate to the Art, Spanish and P.E. baskets.
- Volunteering: It takes hundreds of parent volunteers to make this event a success! Most shifts are only 1 hour and opportunities range from decorations/set up, working booths and tear down.
- Donations: From supplies, to lending pop up canopies and coolers, this is another great way to earn hours, especially for those who can’t volunteer the day of! Families can earn hours for the time they spend shopping for the items and bringing it to the school.
- Treat Walk Donations: The Treat Walk is tremendously popular so we need donations (baked or bought) to make sure the game continues throughout the event.
- Please click HERE to find out how to volunteer or donate to this incredible event!
- Ticket Presale: On Wednesday 9/25 and Friday 9/27 we will be selling your height in tickets for $20. Tickets will be available at the Maybrook gate in the morning before lineup and during dismissal.
- Tickets at the Event: Tickets are $1 each or $20/25 tickets. For reference, most games will be 1 ticket while a few will be up to 3 tickets. Food court will be from 1-5 tickets.
- For any questions regarding Fall Festival please send an email to email@example.com.
Social Media Safety Night: Many families spent a couple hours learning more about current social media threats and tips to keep our children safe online. You can learn more about the Organization and access some valuable tools at https://ofsms.org/.
Kudos: Our fantastic After School Athletics program has started and we would like to thank every volunteer involved in coaching and officiating. This program has a huge impact on our students and we cannot do it without volunteers. Be sure to come out to a volleyball or flag football game this fall to cheer on our Explorer Athletes!