Picture Retakes – Wear Uniform
Wednesday, October 31st
Standards Based Grading Parent Night
Thursday, November 1, 2018 @ 6 PM
WAVE Board Meeting
Thursday, November 1, 2018 @ 7 PM
WCS Athletics – Flag Football/Volleyball Playoff/Championship Games
Tuesday, October 30th & Thursday/Friday, November 1st/2nd @ 3:30 PM
November 5th – November 9th
Follow Westlake Charter
Click HERE for this week’s Westlake Weekly Podcast
Enrichment Survey: Click HERE to take a few moments to provide feedback regarding After-School Live’s Enrichment program. Enrichment classes are fee-based, but scholarships are available.
Picture Retake Day: Our Picture Retake Day is Wednesday, October 31st. Retake packets went home in backpacks on Friday. Retakes are for the following:
- Students who are new to our school since the original picture day
- Students who were absent on the original picture day
- Students who are now purchasing photos
- Students who would like to retake their photo. (Students should be returning their original package)
Whole School Morning meeting: Families are welcome to join us for our end of trimester whole school morning meeting! At the whole school morning meeting we will sing songs, celebrate students and build community in the same way we do in class each day.
- K-2: Wednesday, November 7th, 8:45 AM- 9:30 AM
- 3-5: Wednesday, November 7th, 9:45 AM – 10:30 AM
6-8 ONLY Advisory Fishbowl– Please join us as our 6-8 grade students discuss ways to address the important topic of Bully Prevention. On November 16th from 8:15 AM – 8:57 AM, you will join a small group of 6-8th grade students and a staff member and engage in a guided conversation about Bully Prevention. Click HERE to sign up to be a part of this event.
Middle School Community Service Opportunity: Angelique Ashby’s office is looking for Middle School students to join their Youth Action Corps. This team does volunteer projects such as park clean ups, farmer’s market, Movies in the Park and more. They have orientations on November 13th and 27th at 3:30 PM at the North Natomas Library Community Room. Email email@example.com or visit www.angeliqueashby.com/youth
Standards Based Grading Parent Night: Our school is moving towards Standards Based Grading. Come join us for a parent night on Thursday, November 1st, from 6:00-7:00 PM in the cafeteria. At this event we will discuss: The “What?” and “Why?” of Standards Based Grading.
AS Live Clubs: Our fall session of AS Live Clubs is under way and the kids are having a blast crafting, gardening, playing basketball, and so much more! Click HERE to sign up to lead a club next session. It’s fun and easy, and the kids love the experiences you offer! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
WAVE Meeting: This Thursday, November 1st, please join us for a WAVE Board Meeting. We will meet in the Media Center (Library) at 7pm to discuss upcoming events, hear from our wonderful WCS Admin team and learn about ways to get involved this school year. We have a lot of exciting events coming up and cannot do it without your help and support.
Olympic Triathlon: Our 11th annual Westlake Charter Olympic Triathlon is already off to a great start! Have you created your family donation page yet? Simply visit http://pledgestar.com/westlakecharter where you can customize a page with student name(s), a photo and donation goal. It is easy to quickly request sponsors via email or text explaining why WCS is amazing and how they can help us meet our goal this year.
- On Thursday, November 29th our students will participate in a special day of learning on the Olympic Triathlon Event Day. This day is completely staffed and planned by our parent volunteers alongside some fabulous WCS staff members. We need your help to make this day fun and successful for our school and students. Please be on the lookout for an event day sign up soon. In the meantime, if you would like to get involved with planning please Click HERE and fill out the form to be contacted. We currently need help planning the obstacle course, making class flags and more.
- Our school wide goal is to have each student contribute $180 which represents $1 for every day of school. We encourage families to give what they can whether it is less or more than the goal amount. We are striving for 100% participation from all students to contribute at least $5 towards our Olympic Triathlon Fundraising efforts.
- Over the years families have come up with many create ways to fundraise during the Olympic Triathlon. Some ideas include: making and selling items, a lemonade or hot cocoa stand, sending a video about why they love WCS to potential donors, garage sales and more. You can raise money any way that works for your family!
Chipotle Family Night Out: Join us for a fundraiser to support Westlake Charter School on Tuesday, November 6th between 4pm and 8pm. Just tell the cashier at 2800 Del Paso Road Suite 100 you’re supporting the cause to make sure that 33% of the proceeds will be donated to WCS.
After School Sports Snack Bar: The snack bar will be open during all sports games and we need help selling to students from 3-4:30pm. Please Click HERE to sign up for a shift.
Family Science Night: Please join us on Friday, November 14th at 5:30pm for a fun and interactive family science night. The first half of the event will be full of a dozen different hands on STEM stations for all ages to enjoy. Beginning at 6:15pm, families break up into teams for a friendly design challenge with the goal of launching, testing or measuring an item you just built together. What an incredible opportunity to experience hands on learning with the entire family! We need volunteers to make this fun night a success. Please Click HERE to sign up!
Kudos: We can all agree that the 8th Annual Fall Festival was absolutely amazing. The committee worked incredibly hard before, during and after the event to make it enjoyable for the entire family. Huge thanks to the Fall Festival Committee members: Aileen Policarpio, Yvonne Choong, Sharalin Redding, Akwai Hinman, Joanna Clark, Joseph Kelley, LaGuana Bosley, Kari Wight, Angela Morgan, Lani Matsuda, Vanessa Acevedo, Jenilla Arnold and Michelle Bombarda. We would also love to thank everyone who volunteered at the event, planned and compiled the class baskets and donated items. We truly are better together, Explorer Families!