Travel Day – NO SCHOOL
Monday, April 2nd
WAVE Board Meeting
Thursday, April 5th @ 6:30pm
Spirit day – Culture Day
Friday, April 27th
Saturday April, 28th @ 3:00 – 7:00pm
Scholastic Book Fair Starts
Saturday, April 28th @ 3:00 ‐ 7:00pm
Follow Westlake Charter
No School April 2nd: Please remember that we will not have school on Monday, April 2nd. It is marked as a travel day on our academic calendar. BASE will be open from 7am to 6pm on April 2nd.
Spring Break: WCS will be closed for Spring Break April 16, 2018 through April 20, 2018. There will be no school that week, but BASE will be open from 7am to 6pm all week.
Building Our Future Video: Did you see Westlake Charter School featured in NUSD’s “Building Our Future” series? Click HERE watch the video.
AS LIVE Student sign up deadline: The spring session of After-School LIVE begins April 9th! Please CLICK HERE to fill out the interest form for your Explorer. Sign-ups run until Tuesday, April 2 at 8:00pm. Email Allison Chavez with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Book Fair: Scholastic Book Fair opens April 27th during our International Festival and will end March 4th. To check out the schedule book fair click HERE.
OPTIONAL Spring Picture Day on Friday, April 13: Spring picture day will be optional this year. All students will have free dress on Friday, April 13th. Only students who have prepaid AND filled out this form will be sent to the photographer to have their picture taken. Picture packets will go home this week. If you would like to have your student’s spring picture taken by Lifetouch, please fill out this form AND prepay online or send payment in the packet.
CAASPP Testing: Westlake Charter School’s 2018 CAASPP testing window for 3rd-8th grade students is May 7th – June 1st. Click HERE for our 2018 CAASPP Parent Notification Letter for information about CAASPP testing. To access this letter on our website, click the WCS tab to view our Academics page, the notification letter will be available on the sidebar on the right of the page. If you have any questions regarding testing please contact email@example.com.
2018 International Festival: The 13th Annual International Festival is only one week away on April 7th from 3-7pm. We still need contributions and your support to ensure the event is a success.
- Advanced Ticket Sales: The International Festival Committee will be selling “your height in tickets” for $20 on April 3-6th. Tickets will be available with cash only between 7:50 and 8:00am at Burberry Park and with cash or card between 8:00 and 8:30am at the Maybrook gate. This is a great bargain so be sure to pick up your tickets before the event!
- Cultural Booths – Coordinated by Amber Hustead: firstname.lastname@example.org
- So far, we only have 18 Cultural Booths. Our goal is 25! Booth hosts provide a small sampling of native cuisine, artifacts, a simple activity for kids and are reimbursed up to $75 for booth expenses. Cultural Booth Sign-up
- Dessert Walk – Coordinated by Alina Corpus: email@example.com
- Want to show off your baking skills? Click HERE to donate desserts for the WCS International Festival Dessert Walk.
- Equipment & Supplies – Coordinated by Tyler Cajigas: firstname.lastname@example.org Equipment and supply donations are also needed well (ie. pop-up tents, ice chests, tables, drinks, ice). Click HERE to sign up to donate or lend us your equipment.
- Parent Volunteers – Coordinated by Erika Bumbardner: email@example.com The success of this event greatly depends on the support of our volunteers. There are still many opportunities available and it is a chance to get some more volunteer hours in during the last trimester! Click HERE to sign up for a shift.
- Raffle Baskets – Coordinated by Kristyn Escobedo: firstname.lastname@example.org This year each grade level is putting together a basket themed according to the continent that grade is studying. Click HERE to see what your student’s grade level basket still needs!
- For more information, please visit the International Festival Website.
WCS Spirit Store: The Spirit Store is open with new items to choose from! Samples of most items will be available at the International Festival for families to check out their favorite size and color before placing an order. The store closes on Monday, April 9th at noon. Don’t forget to stock up now to have items before the next school year starts! Click HERE to check out the Spirit Store website.
WAVE Meeting: This Thursday, April 5th, please join us for our WAVE Board meeting. We’ll be meeting in the Matterhorn Conference Room located inside the front office. This is a great opportunity to meet other parents, share your ideas and hear about upcoming events. We also have committees with immediate openings!
Homework Zone: The North Natomas Library offers FREE homework help every Wednesday from 3:30-5:30pm for students in grades K-12. No registration is required!